Your brain is a muscle and just like any other muscle in your body if you don’t use it then you lose it. Continuing to seek out new knowledge is important to keep your brain healthy and active. By keeping your brain healthy and active will result in your business running smoother and more efficiently! There are several ways to incorporate continuing education into your business to expand your knowledge. Here are a few of my favorite ideas:
- Attend conferences – Find a conference related to your niche. These conferences are filled with tons of helpful information. Every time I return home from a conference I feel energized and excited to try something new with my business. Also be sure to use any time that they offer for networking to try and get tips from others in your field. This has been so helpful for me because other people are often experiencing the same struggles that I am. So when you put more brains in the mix great ideas can come out of it. It’s a win for everyone involved!
- Watch webinars – There are so many webinars out there so try looking around to find the ones right for you. Every niche has many experts in the field. Try to find an expert and search their website to see if they ever offer any free webinars. It may take some time to really find the right ones but once you find a helpful one it will all be worth it. I know I struggled with SEO work for a long time and I came across a webinar that really laid it all out in everyday language that I could understand. I was ecstatic after it ended because it really provided me with helpful tools that I was able to implement myself.
- Listen to podcasts – Podcasts are amazing. I have many of them saved to my favorites and I listen to them regularly. Search for podcasts relevant to your niche because those will be the most helpful for you and help you to weed out the ones you don’t need to focus on right away. Once you find the right one you will be hooked. Podcasts can really help get you motivated and provide you with tons of useful tools to try out.
- Check out Udemy – In case you haven’t heard of it before, Udemy is an awesome website filled with tons of courses. Anything and everything you can think of is out there. And the best part is most of the courses go on sale. Search around the site and find something that you have been wanting to learn about to help your business and then bookmark it. Check back every few days and I bet you will see it go on sale. I have taken several courses on there and I always learn tons of new things that help to expand my business.
- Search for articles – There are tons of articles and business resources available on the web. Do some google searches and find some websites that have regular writers on them to learn more about your niche. Articles are a great way to get some useful information in a shorter format than reading an entire book.
These are just a few ideas that I have used to expand my knowledge and keep my brain active. What have you tried? We’d love to hear feedback!
And, as always if you have any questions do not hesitate to ask.